The Board of Governors determines the general policy of the Bedales Schools.
Day to day management is delegated to Magnus Bashaarat, Headmaster, Bedales Schools and the senior management team.
The Governors are (committees in brackets):
- Clare Bradbury, BSc, PGCE (Education)
- Felix Grey, MChem, MPhil (Education)
- Avril Hardie BEd, JP (Safeguarding)
- Owen Jonathan LLB (Hons) (Risk and Compliance)
- Michele Johnson BA (Chair of Governor Nominations; External Relations; Staff Liaison)
- Dr Anna Keay PhD (Chair of Buildings and Landscape; External Relations; Finance and General Purposes)
- Rear Admiral John Lippiett CB, CBE (Fundraising and Chair of John Badley Foundation; Governor Nominations)
- Matthew Rice BA (Chair of the Board; Buildings and Landscapes; External Relations; Finance and General Purposes; Governor Nominations; Remuneration)
- Steve Nokes (Chair of Education)
- Nicholas Vetch ARICS (Vice-Chair of the Board; External Relations; Finance and General Purposes; Governor Nominations)
- Professor Geoffrey Ward (Education incl EYFS)
- Charles Watson BA (Chair of External Relations; Finance and General Purposes)
- Timothy Wise (Chair of Finance and General Purposes; Buildings and Landscapes; External Relations, Remuneration)
Read the Governors' career summaries.
If you wish to contact a Governor, please email email@example.com with 'FAO Helen McBrown, Bursar's Assistant' in the subject heading or send a letter, marked CONFIDENTIAL, c/o The Clerk to the Governors, Bedales School, Church Road, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 2DG.
Bedales School is a Public Benefit Entity registered as a charity in England and Wales, number 307332. Its registered company number is 276785.
There are two other charities affiliated to Bedales:
- John Badley Foundation (charity number: 1138332) – in support of the school’s educational priorities, its primary aim is to raise and steward funds to support full bursaries to Bedales and Dunhurst. More information...
- Bedales Grants Trust Fund (charity number: 1036179) – providing grants to parents of pupils at Bedales in need of financial aid to pay their tuition fees, with a preference for parents who were themselves at the school. More information...