The BPA Fundraising Committee was formed in 2016 and the focus for fundraising activities this year will be in support of the John Badley Foundation (JBF). The JBF offers financial support through 100% bursaries, giving more young people a chance to benefit from the transformational opportunity a Bedales education can provide. On this page you will find details of upcoming events, news and links to photo galleries.
Click on the button below and shop online with nearly 3,000 retailers through easyfundraising.org.uk to receive cash rewards that you can turn into donations for JBF. The service is easy to use, for example, if you want to buy from John Lewis, instead of going to johnlewis.com directly, go to easyfundraising.org.uk and click through to John Lewis to make your purchase. Alternatively, you can set up an easyfundrasing donation reminder on your toolbar which will activate whenever you are shopping with any of the 3000 retailers.
View a short film by Old Bedalian, Roly Botha on how the John Badley Foundation made a difference to him:
- The Bedales Rock Show raised £6,101.53p for the JBF in January 2017, view photos here.
- An 80s themed Bingo & Curry Night was held on 2 December, raising approximately £1,200, view photos here.
- Jewellery experts Joanna Hardy (OB 1974-78) and Shaun Leane collaborated on a talk in the new A&D building for students, parents and guests in aid of the JBF in November, raising £800. Read more here.
- An Evening with John Lloyd and Harry Enfield took place on 17 October 2016 and raised over £7,000 for JBF. View photos here.
- The Hamper Ball took place on the 24 June. View photos here. Several albums showcasing Parents' Day 2016 can be found here.
- The JBF Big Weekend took place on 6, 7 & 9 May with three events: Three Schools' Quiz Night, Dog Show & Fete and Ladies Lunch with Kirstie Allsopp.
- On 23 March 2016, FoD organised a fundraising Parents V Staff football match. View photos here.