Bedales Safeguarding Team
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for Bedales School is Ana Simmons.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is closely supported by Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads at Bedales Senior, Bedales Prep and Bedales Pre-prep. The Safeguarding Team have the authority to take lead responsibility for all aspects of safeguarding and child protection throughout the school.
All Bedales staff have a key role to play in identifying concerns early and in providing help for children. To achieve this they:
- Undertake annual safeguarding refresher training at the start of the academic year, which is updated regularly to accommodate changes to local authority and national practices.
- Confirm they have read and understand Part One and Annex B of Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE).
- Complete annual training in safeguarding and child protection, in line with advice from Hampshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSCP), as well as online training covering online safety, harmful sexual behaviours and Prevent awareness training.
- Undertake regular informal updates to provide them with relevant skills and knowledge to safeguard children effectively, provided through safeguarding bulletins which are emailed to all colleagues and displayed in staff workrooms.
All Bedales staff are required to understand the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, Code of Professional Conduct for Staff, Pupil Behaviour Policy and Missing Child Policy relevant to the school(s) they work in. Policies can be viewed here.
Report a safeguarding concern
If you have a concern about a pupil at Bedales Senior, Bedales Prep, Dunhurst or Bedales Nursery & Pre-prep, Dunannie, please contact the relevant DSL or report a concern here:
Contact the Safeguarding Team
You can contact the Bedales Safeguarding Team by email (email@example.com) or by telephone:
- Ana Simmons (Designated Safeguarding Lead, Designated Teacher for Looked After Children) - 07768 944184
- Jen Moore (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, Bedales Senior) - 01730 300100
- Graeme Thompson and Alice Tang Pullen (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads, Bedales Prep) - 01730 300200
- Camilla Bell (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, Bedales Pre-prep) - 01730 300400